Wat Duang Di
Wat Duang Di translates to “good luck temple”. Dating back to the early 16th century and located in the center of the old walled city, it consists of a viharn, ubosot, Burmese style chedi and a Ho Trai. The date comes from an inscription on one of the Buddha images. There was a renovation completed in 1819.
The viharn is a large building with a multi-tiered roof. It was constructed in Thai and Lanna style during the 19th century.
The ends of the golden bargeboards have Naga serpents and the rooftop is adorned with a golden Chofah or Garuda. Guarding the viharn are a pair of Chinthe (mythical lions). Inside the viharn is the principle Buddha image, seated on a large pedestal and surrounded by several smaller Buddha statues.
next to the viharn is the ubosot. It is a small Lanna style wooden building standing on a store base. The panels on the elaborate front gable are inlayed with colored glass.
The chedi, enclosed by its own low wall, enshrines relics. On each of the 4 corners of the square base stands a statue of an elephant.
The point of interest of the Ho Trai are its gilded wood carvings and stucco decoration. Recently restored, it was originally built in 1829. The building is usually locked but you can still see the fine stucco work of Lanna flower motifs around the entrance and windows.
To visit this Wat, it is located across the road from Wat Inthakin and the Three Kings Monument, close to the center of the old walled city.